So you want to install a whiteboard wall in your office, but you don’t want it to be white ?
With Smart Wall Paint, our whiteboard paint, in Transparent, you can simply transform your own coloured walls into writable surfaces. This means it fits seamlessly into your office.
The best part is when you aren’t using it, no one even needs to know it is there. So, you get the benefit of a whiteboard wall without it interfering with the design of the office.
Want to learn how you can create your own invisible whiteboard wall? Then check out the steps below. Or check out our application video for Smart Wall Paint in Transparent here.
Measure The Area
• Measure the area accurately ensuring you have enough paint. Do not stretch the paint.
Prepare Your Surface
• Cover and protect the area around the surface you wish to paint
• Check and fill any holes or cracks in the surface with a normal decorator’s filler (The Smarter Surface will only be as smooth as the surface it is painted onto)
• Next, use the sanding block in your kit to smooth the filled surface
Prime The Surface
Use a clear sealer before applying Smart Wall Paint CLEAR when painting:
• a new wood or composite material
• a new porous or dry material such as plaster or concrete
• over porous surfaces such as wallpaper
Applying The Primer
• Use any roller or brush to apply the sealer
• The surface must be clean and dry prior to painting
• Stir sealer thoroughly before use
• Drying time takes 2-4 hours between coats and 12 hours after the final coat has been applied.
Smart Wall Paint must be applied with a new roller (provided in the kit), brush and tray. Any contact with water or solvent will cause a reaction with Smart Wall Paint affecting its performance. Note: Larger rollers can be used. We recommend a high quality foam or mohair roller. If you are using a mohair roller, remove all loose fibres before use.
Mix And Stir
• Pour all Part As into Part B
• It is important to stir thoroughly for no less than five minutes using the stirring stick in your kit
• Apply within one hour of mixing, using the roller sleeve in your kit
• Once mixed, the paint must be applied in one hour (high temperatures will reduce this time)
• Smart Wall Paint must be applied in 1 metre sections
• Paint around the edges of the first 1 metre section with a new brush With the new roller, apply Smart Wall Paint to this 1 metre section
• Pass the roller over the entire surface 10 times to ensure a generous, smooth and even coating • Upon completion of each one metre section, examine the painted surface from three angles for any imperfections, missed spots or areas of uneven application. Apply more Smart Wall Paint as required
• You must ensure each metre section has adequate Smart Wall Paint to create a writing surface, before moving on to the next one metre section
• Once the first one metre section is complete and has been inspected, move to the second section and repeat
Using Your Whiteboard Wall
After you have completed your application just wait seven days and then you’ll be able to use your whiteboard wall.
The performance (erasability) of Smart Wall Paint will continue to improve over the first 30 days. During the first 14 days we recommend cleaning your surface daily
For best results, use Smarter Surfaces accessories or any high quality whiteboard accessories available here.
Have you any questions regarding our products? Call us on the relevant number below: